POSITION APPLIED FOR: LABORER
JOB CODE: 40, 41, 42
POSITION REPORTS TO: SUPERINTENDENT
The position of laborer requires the individual to possess the physical and mental ability to perform the following tasks for a minimum of 8 hours per day:
1. Negotiate rough terrain.
2. Climb in and out of excavations, and/or other confined or enclosed spaces.
3. Climb ladders to a height of 8 feet. Work at heights over highways and water.
4. Carry and use trade associated tools, equipment, or material up to a weight of 50 pounds.
5. Push, pull, load, and unload tools, equipment, or materials.
6. Stand, stoop, bend, climb, and walk.
7. Purchase, wear and maintain safety equipment as required by the type of work you are performing or when directed by your Supervisor or the safety department. These items must be purchased/worn immediately upon employment.
8. Know how to identify, safely operate and maintain all hand tools to include: hammers, pliers, tapes, hand saws, screwdrivers, shovels, knives, levels, wrenches, digging bars, etc…
9. Know how to identify and safely operate all fuel, air, and electric small tools to include: pipe saws, chain saws, pumps, generators, plate tampers, jumping jacks, jackhammers, rivet busters, chipping guns, rotary hammers, clay spades, vibrators, circular saws, drills, etc…
10. Know how to identify fuels (gasoline, diesel, and mixed gas) and know which fuel is used to operate each small tool and compressors.
11. Know how to identify and safely operate all general equipment to include air compressors, arrowboards, rollers, fire extinguishers, etc…
12. Know how to identify company equipment to include backhoes, loaders, trackhoes, cranes, dozers, etc…
13. Posses the ability to understand, remember, and follow work related instructions or methods.
14. Able to check trucks which includes the following:
a. sign trucks in during the morning (standing)
b. time trucks throughout the day or count loads depending on job (sit)
c. sign trucks out at the end of the day (standing)
d. total up time at the end of the day with loads
15. Able to check grade and assist the superintendent in setting stakes.
16. Able to run small equipment to include rollers, bobcats, sweepers and walk behind rollers
17. Be able to Flag Traffic.